Picoscope 7 crashes when using masks in spectrum mode

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
Fasti

Picoscope 7 crashes when using masks in spectrum mode

Post by Fasti »

Hi everyone.

I encounter some issues with the masks in Picoscope 7.
If I want to generate masks in Timedomain, it works but if I want to generate a mask in Spectrum mode it crashes as soon as you push the exit button on the mask screen. Also the fact that you can't edit the masks as in Picoscope 6, either with the mouse by drawing lines or with a table renders the function quite useless for me, as I want to set some normative limits and see if the DUT fails.
If you load masks from *.pssettings files the software crashes too at least for the spectrum mode masks.
So I have to stick with Picoscope 6 until this is fixed :( .

Best regards

Christian

PS: I tried it with the last two versions of Picoscope 7 T&M early access , none worked.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 7 crashes when using masks in spectrum mode

Post by Martyn »

Please can you send a psdata file to support@picotech.com so that the team can investigate this.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Fasti

Post by Fasti »

Hi Martyn.

I would like to but I can't even close the mask window without crashing and it is not depending on any settings that I have done before. I tried it with several different Channel settings and it always crashes in Spectrum mode when I want to exit the mask editor. It shows me a correct mask (that I can't change except the x and y setting) and as soon as I want to close the editor the software instantly closes and wants to send a failure report which I allow. So i could send you a file with nothing but a plain signal in it but that would probably not help you as the mask is missing. Saving the mask and importing it yields the same result as soon as you exit the mask editor. I also updated to the latest version without success.

Best regards

Christian

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

What PC and O/S are you using?

If you post the psdata file and the mask file I will get someone to try your steps on a similar PC, I am currently not seeing any crashes on my system.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Fasti

Post by Fasti »

Hi Martyn.

Picoscope 7.1.26 runs on a Lenovo Thinkpad P15 Gen2 Core i7-11850H with 16 GB RAM and a 1 TB Samsung Evo Pro 980 SSD with Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.4291. I attached a mask and a psdata file which crashes on my PC.

Regards

Christian
Attachments
crash.mask
(15.66 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Spectrum_mask_crash.psdata
(41.94 KiB) Downloaded 53 times